Students getting around the web filter? Have no fear, Duckie 007 is here! In our most recent Webinar, our Principal Sales Engineer explains just what schools needs to prevent students circumventing web filters: Layer 7 filtering. We explicate the importance of Layer 7 Filtering for K-12 by first taking you through its history and the evolution of Firewall (from stateless to stateful) and finishing with tips to help you select the best Layer 7 appliance.
Here’s what we covered in Webinar #4:
- History of Firewall, 1984 to present
- Most Common Attack Vectors, what they are and what to watch out for
- Tor – allows for anonymous communication based on Onion Routing
- Ultrasurf – leaves no trace of use!
- VPN – be wary of client software!
- Selecting a Layer 7 Appliance for K-12
- Throughput stats & scalability
- Specializing – cloud vs hardware
See the full video here. Webinars occur at the end of the month and are open to everyone, free of charge.
For more information about network best practices, subscribe to our newsletter: